Thursday, October 30, 2008

Back on Track!

Ok, so it has been a really long time without a post. Time has just really been getting away from me, but I plan to do it at least once a week. More if I have time!

Well, one reason I haven't been blogging is because I started cheating (head hung in shame)! Yes, I know, terrible. Well, it all started, IMHO, because I think I have a yeast problem that I did not give enough attention too. Since the cheating started, I have been up and down with the scale. I'd do great one day and then bad for two! Ughh, it really had me baffled. I would think I had it mastered and then WHAMMO, I found myself saying it was okay to eat Pei Wei Chicken Terryaki Lo Mein because the noodles were egg noodles! Um , who ever said egg was on the protocol except in special cases? Yes, it took a little ingenious reasoning, but I did it. I have since found Candida-G. It has cut my cravings almost completely! In JUST THREE DAYS! Woo-Hoo and I am on the losing team again!

I really can't say enough about this diet. Anyone who wants too lose weight, really , you can! I think, for me anyway, I just HAD to get through those first two weeks. I think it may vary for everyone. I was completely carb addicted and have suffered a little from that. Headaches, allergies, and some other stuff that I am just going to chalk up to carb withdrawals and fat toxins leaving my body, FOREVER!!!

So, here are my stats so far...

Start Date: 10/14/2008
Beginning weight: 204.8
Load Weight: 205.9
Todays Weight: 10/30/2008:195.1

I am down 10.8 lbs (from load weight) in just 16 days! Who, on any other diet besides hCG, can say that?

A little thought/question on Ketones:

So, I bought Ketone testing sticks when I purcahsed everything and never used them. I started using them one day when I was cheating. Just so I would have some sort of control to compare to when I started back to my VLCD. It read Negative. I have since dropped a few pounds and decided to try it again. Everyday since then they get heavier. Now, how high should they be to prove we are losing stored fat and nothing else? I ask this because I think the higher would be better since in Ketosis you burn stored fat and that intern releases Ketones. Am I correct? If so I am very happy today as it shows the highest it has since I started. It showed Moderate/Heavy. Between the two darkest colors. So, if what I am thinking is correct, I should be burning that fat like a locomotive burns coal!!

Well, I must say, my third week so far, has been the best. I think just going through the diet and the stages helps me understand everything a lot better. It's funny how after about 2 weeks, you start to look at your body and food differently. Not just getting smaller, ( and 5 people commented on it today!) but I look at food and say, what's this going to do INSIDE my body? Is it going to help me burn more of this nasty fat? Or, is it going to slow or stop my losing, or worse, make me gain? I want nothing to stand in my way. And food just doesn't taste as sweet as losing these pounds and inches feels!

I am on my way back to the old me! I am SO excited to complete this journey. I am almost as excited to see my weigh-in results tomorrow. I think it's gonna be huge! (Fingers crossed!)

XOXO
~Kendra

No comments: